Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello Again...from NYC

It has been wayyyy toooo long since the last time I did any sort of writing or updating! Life has been pretty crazy the last few months! So I will do my best to leave off from where I began....

Since the last we met, Joe and I have moved to Brooklyn, have new jobs with an incredible organization, are one week away from our due date with Baby Cecilia, and survived our first hurricane! Whew....all in a days work right!! With all of these new changes there have been some really awesome friends met, places visited and hurdles crossed!

I guess I should start with why we are in New York ...Joe and I are working with an organization that serves a youth population that needs a little direction in their lives. So far it has been so wonderful! In the few short months since we started we have learned and grown in our own lives but also in our marriage and family! I am so grateful for the plan that God has put before us!

The move to the city went quite well! We packed most of our belongings in a u-haul pod, put the rest in our car and hit the road! Arriving in the city was a great experience! We made it through New Jersey and into Brooklyn with no major hiccups. The temporary apartment we have is beautiful and in an awesome neighborhood called Bay Ridge. We are one block from the subway, one block from any sort of delicious cuisine you can imagine and a dunkin donuts...could life be any better?!? But seriously....so far our time has been great! Getting used to the city, the Manhattan trafic jams and the lovely sewer smell..just to name a few...has been everything we could hope for!!

We even found a new doctor one block from our apartment...the perfect distance for an OB/GYN!! So far the doctors have been perfect! I feel like I have been seeing them for months and not just 5 weeks! They will take such good care of Cece once she decides to join us..in hopefully a short number if days! Being 9 months pregnant and living here has had its share of challenges. For example when we get off work at 11 we do not get to our subway station until about midnight...and then there are exactly 41 steps up from the subway platform to our third floor apartment. With all that walking and stepping I thought that MAYBE I would look super model thin with that perfect basketball belly...but nooooo of course I just feel like an elephant most of the time! Anyway in all honesty it really hasn't been too bad being uber prego with the move and all of the new changes...mostly it had been wonderful, plus I am always guaranteed a spot on the subway. Even New Yorkers won't make a ginormous pregnant lady stand!! And for that I am thankful!

Overall through the transitions and changes Joe and I are doing very well. We are SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED to meet our daughter, we have a new love of take out and can say we are settling in well!

We hope you are doing fabulously and if you happen to be in the city please let us know!!!

(PS...I hope to post pics soon...of maybe a new baby but also of summer festivities...yes I know I am kinda late)

Peace
Sam and Joe

1 comment:

  1. Samantha! It is so good to see you are doing well!! I wonder about you all the time! I cannot wait to hear about the birth of baby Cecilia! Miss and love you! So glad you're loving your new experience!

    ReplyDelete